Tuesday 5 October 2010

Strange Days

Enchantment of the Black Dog is in the final production stages. Domini, the artist has completed the map for the book and the cover - it looks amazing. I'm sort of between books now. The third book of the series is starting to take shape but I can see there's a lot of work to do on Portland Pirates. Everything feels a bit in-between at the moment, a strange time. I was woken on Saturday by a cat jumping off the bed. I heard its paws hit the floor, it ran to the bedroom door and miaowed. Of course, I don't have a cat! There was no cat there at all! Later that morning, I saw a huge black cat crossing the road in Radipole, bigger than a fox, with a long curving tail! My daughter, stood next to me, didn't see a thing...

Strange days.

2 comments:

  1. That's really spooky!! And speaking of cats - I see one of the other Roving Press authors is giving a talk about local big cat sightings next week! Perhaps that's what you saw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't met Merrily so perhaps I should attend her talk, am sure would be fascinating, I'm still really fed up not to have found a black dog!!

    ReplyDelete